Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 21 - Lunch Out With Family

My father typically has a lunch at a nice restaurant for the family as our Christmas present. I'd much rather us all get together than worry about presents. It brings back more of the reason for Christmas. It is about family and isn't about blatant consumerism.

We usually do this gathering in Bowling Green as there are plenty of good places to eat. We've picked Longhorn for today's outing. My dad, to his credit, said he wouldn't have it unless Jan went along! She is still very apprehensive about going out in public but she can't stay home for nine more weeks. She has to get out and move around. Otherwise, she'd be no better off than being in a hospital bed in traction like they used to do in the barbaric days of old.

She was feeling a little sorry for herself this morning. She even threatened to not go to lunch. I'm trying to impress upon her that she has to complain to the doctors and nurses tomorrow or they are just going to let her suffer for nine more weeks. They obviously won't listen to me. I can't help her if she won't help herself at least when we go to the checkup.

Lunch really wore on her today and she is resting now with half of a valium and a pain pill. Her left shoulder and arm are really sore for some reason.

While we were at lunch, my dad and his sister recommended we check into the Mayo Clinic in Florida. She says they can fix other doctor's mistakes. Something has to be done and I'm investigating every possibility. If tomorrow goes badly, that's the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment