Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 24 - Infection

One of Jan's halo pin sites is infected. Today when I cleaned it I got a lot of debris on the swab. We put in a call to the Bilkmore Neuro Clinic yesterday and they never returned the call.

Today it looks like the pin has fully pierced the flesh, leaving a small void around it and it is red around the perimeter. I finally called back and asked to speak to someone immediately. I have got to find someone else to look after this. I now detest Bilkmore and think they are either overworked or just incompetent. I'm so frustrated with the whole affair I can't see straight!

It wasn't like this Monday. They tightened her pins, which twisted them and dug them deeper into her skull. Click on the image to see a high resolution image of the hole in her head. They did call in a keflex antibiotic. I pray this resolves it quickly.

2 comments:

  1. More medicine to take. Anyone want to wear this a while for me??

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but I'm already taking three different meds a day. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete