Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 34 - Modifications: Phase II

It is now almost five weeks of 12 down. The next appointment is at seven weeks, three days. We should be looking at the CT scan at the visit after that and, hopefully, the halo coming off. With any luck, she'll be out of it by Feb 26. Keep your fingers crossed.

After trying to find something that will fit over the halo-vest to look a little more dressy, I decided it was time to be a little more aggressive with the removal of nonfunctional fluff.

Here's the lamb's wool I removed from the vest. This is about the amount of fur I get off my dog when I shear her for the summer.



It really took a lot off her shoulders. She doesn't look so much like a linebacker. We haven't tried the clothes on yet but they can't fit any worse than they did before the modifications.

Here's the old picture for comparison with the modifications completed. She's not in a picture-taking mood so the look says it all. I'm not sure but I think the front bar (her left) on the right side of the picture has slipped down! So much for stabilization. A halo is only 75% effective and a hard collar is about 50% effective. I'm going to take another one in the same place, in the same position to make sure the bars are not shifting.

Jan's niece came down from Frankfort for the weekend and some good friends came to visit with pizza! She is pretty worn out tonight and went to bed pretty quickly at 10:00 PM.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...its definitely slipped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bar on the right looks like it has slipped too. Not as much as the one on the left, but definitely a little.

    ReplyDelete