Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 146 - Flower Power

We went to Jan's floral class final on Wednesday, which is actually just a party where the classes made the floral arrangements. It was at a house downtown known as the Greer House. It was built in 1906. We took the grand tour. It is a very interesting home. The folks that live there are very interested in preserving the history of the house.

I finally got tired of waiting for Bilkmore to call me back and called earlier in the week. I spoke to the same patient advocate, which won't really amount to much, but it makes me feel better. Cheaper than therapy. Plus, as long as I'm disputing things, I'm not going to pay them, especially for such shoddy service and poor care.

It is still a few weeks before the plastic surgeon would want to look at Jan's forehead. I'm hoping something like laser resurfacing can be done as an outpatient procedure. I'm not sure that will fill in the divots or not, though.

The doctor had gloves on when he removed the halo with his assistant but the nurse never had gloves on any time she tightened the halo. No wonder Jan's pins became infected, which have made the scars I've posted in earlier posts. Most people only have scars the size of pencil tips but Jan's are deep and the size of pencil erasers.

No comments:

Post a Comment