Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 68 - Just Another Day In Haloville

Not much news at this time. Unfortunately, this has all become quite ordinary and routine except for the pain. I'm sure Jan will disagree. We are just counting down the days and trying not to jinx it. I've got a reminder set to go set up the insurance and paperwork a day before the scan so Jan doesn't have to wait around beforehand. I want this to go as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Her neck muscles are giving her more trouble than anything. I attribute most of this to, are ready for it, the ill-fitted halo. Her neck has to support the halo in addition to her head. The muscles from the base of the skull just behind the ears are so tight they almost feel like bone!

Her right arm is hurting, too! I can't explain all the new pains she's having. She has been taking half of a narcotic pill on the odd occasion when Tylenol and valium will not give her any relief. She averages two halves a week of late but she asked for another narcotic last night even though she took Tylenol instead. If it gets worse, she'll wind up with more pain at the end than immediately after the accident. If it keeps up, I can only suggest calling the Bilkmore Neuro Clinic. Of course, it will be two days later before she gets a reply.

On another note, the salvage yard that bought my car tracked me down. They have pictures up online for prospective parts buyers to view. I have one of the most telling shots here with a link to my Google photo page if you wish to see more. Some of them are hard to look at when you remember Jan was sitting there.

Here's the album on Google Photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment