Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day 14 - Two Weeks Later

First, this is a bit of a rant but I need to vent!

It is now two weeks later and the ordeal has stabilized. She will recover but I have major concerns for the way it will heal. Her head is rotated 20-30 degrees off of forward and her shoulder straps absolutely never touch her shoulders. She can't move her head so it can't be her fault.


When seen from the back, you can see how contorted the bars are. That is an indication of how far off the back is from the centerline of her spine.



On top of that, I've spent that last two weeks trying to get a local neurosurgeon, any neurosurgeon, to see her so we can avoid the tiring and jarring 65-mile drive to Nashville. She is a halo leper! Nobody will even look at her.

On top of that, her front pins appear to be migrating and weeping a pale yellowish fluid. There is bunched up the skin on top of the pin and it appears skin is pulled tight below the pins.

I'm becoming totally disgusted with the entire medical field. How sad is it when my insurance company has been the best people I've had to deal with?

No comments:

Post a Comment